Generosity is the grateful outpouring of gifts to others, out of our love for God.
Giving back a portion of what God has given to us
“Remembering the words of the Lord Jesus, for he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’” Acts 20:35
THERE ARE MULTIPLE WAYS TO GIVE TO AMES FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
This process is quick, easy, and secure. Set up an account in our member database system, REALM, to start the giving process now! If you have never signed into this site before, you will need to receive an invitation from the Church. Call the church office (515-232-2750) to request an invitation.
To create a recurring, automatic gift to Ames First United Methodist:
- Log into Realm, our online community.
- Click Giving on the main menu.
- Click the +Give button.
For additional instructions for using Realm, click here
To make a one-time contribution WITHOUT logging into Realm,
- Click on this link.
- Fill out the amount you want to give, the fund you’d like to contribute to, and your email.
- Check your email to complete the giving process.
Via Mobile Realm App:
- Search for “Realm Connect” on the App Store of your Apple or Android Smartphone. The app’s title is Connect – Our Church Community.
- Log in to the system with the same user ID and password for your web-based Realm account. If you do not have an account, call the church office (515-232-2750) to request an invitation
- Choose the “Give” button and follow the directions within the app.
For additional instructions for app use, click here
Text “firstames budget” and the dollar amount to 73256 on your smartphone.
- Once the text is sent, you will receive a confirmation message.
- Click the link in the confirmation message to access the payment form.
- Complete the payment form and verify the amount and fund.
After you set up your payment form the first time, you won’t need to do that step again.
For additional instructions for giving through text, click here.
Electronic Funds Transfer from Your Bank
- Create a recurring electronic funds-transfer (ACH) from your bank account directly to the church. To do this, send a check with VOID written in big letters across the front to the Church Business Manager (515-232-2750). Also provide recurring amount of your donation, and the day of the month you want it withdrawn (options include: 1st, 10th, 15th or 20th of the month).
- Another option would be to use your bank’s “Bill Pay” feature. If you have online banking set up with your bank, you can pay anyone you would normally pay by check at your convenience, on your computer.
Sunday Morning Offering
Write a check to “First United Methodist Church” and drop it in the offering at the worship service on Sunday. Cash works, too, but if you want credit for tax purposes, make sure it’s in an envelope with your name on it.
If you prefer, you can also send a check (written by you or your bank) to our office. Mail checks to:
First United Methodist Church
516 Kellogg Avenue
Ames, IA 50010
The Special Sundays are 6 offerings collected across the United Methodist Church. We participate in each of these Special Sundays, and will have special envelopes available for donations. If you want to learn more about the Special Sundays overall, click here.