Click here for a step by step guide: Ways to Give
THERE ARE MULTIPLE WAYS TO GIVE TO AMES FIRST CHURCH
ONLINE, IN PERSON, TEXT, OR MAIL
Today’s health crisis facing our community, state and nation is causing great anxiety and stress. During times like these, we all need to reach deeply to our faith to find comfort and support. Ames First UMC’s mission statement, “Make Disciples of Jesus Who Serve Beyond the Walls,” has new meaning today when our church building is closed to our use to protect our health and safety. How can we support our church community at this time? The first step is to remember and reflect on the commitment we made when we joined to support the church through our….
- PRAYERS – Please continue to pray for all those who are vulnerable including our older citizens, people with underlying health risks, health care workers, first responders, our pastors and church staff, and all those being impacted economically by this crisis.
- PRESENCE – Although we cannot be present in body at our church service, we can experience a sense of community by participating in our livestreaming service. Our pastors, staff and volunteers will do their best to help us come together in spirit. The leadership will be exploring other ways for us to be present with each other virtually.
- GIFTS – We encourage you to continue your church giving to the best of your ability. The ongoing ministry of our church is dependent on your offerings. Although we are not having regular weekend worship services or small group meetings, we still need to financially support our pastors, staff and church ministries as well as maintain our church building. Our giving has to be modified to accommodate the new reality of not gathering in person for the near future. You can do this by:
- Mailing your check to First United Methodist, 516 Kellogg Ave., Ames, IA 50010
- Creating an electronic funds-transfer (ACH) from your account directly to the church. Please contact the church business office (515-232-2750 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional guidance.
- Logging into Realm and make an online gift. You can also use the Realm smartphone App: Realm Connect. If you have not used Realm before, call the church office and you will be connected with someone who will help you. You can also go to the Realm Help section for assistance.
- Texting a contribution from your smartphone sending to 73256 the following “firstames budget $10”. You can use any amount in place of the $10. You will receive a confirmation message reply with a link to access the payment form.
- SERVICE – We all need to think about how to serve others in need. If you know someone who is self-isolating, give them a call or email asking if they need anything. Just hearing from someone to know they are thinking of them can be uplifting.
- WITNESS – Difficult times like these call for us to demonstrate our Christian faith to all those around us. Invite a neighbor who cannot attend their normal worship service to join our livestreaming service or one of our online small groups.
We are all working together to.
- Grow our relationship with God.
- Grow our relationship with our church community and the community beyond our walls.
- Grow our service to those communities