May 11, 2021
Ames First United Methodist Church,
As more and more people become vaccinated, your church leadership is making plans to transition to new policies and processes. We are excited about the opportunity to be more connected, but also want to make sure we create options and a safe environment. We have come a long way and want to be responsible to the variety of guest and member needs. Please review the announcements below and let us know if you have any questions. A Frequently Asked Questions document will be posted soon.
- All of our staff members are ready to open the building, and most are starting to return to their pre-pandemic office schedule.
- Beginning May 17th we will unlock the south doors during regular business hours (8:30am to 4:00pm Monday through Thursday and 8:30am to noon on Friday). Masks are required.
- Our church is open for internal church groups to host in-person meetings. Masks are required. Social distancing is required if not all participants have been vaccinated. You must call Deb at the church office to schedule your meeting and reserve a room. A virtual option will be required for participants unable to meet in person.
- Beginning Sunday May 30th, we will provide live, in-person worship services at 8:30am and 11:00am. The 8:30 service will maintain strict compliance with current protocol of required masks, social distancing, no singing and limited interactions. The 11:00 service will have relaxed protocol, but masks will still be required. We plan to maintain both services throughout the summer and will also continue to provide our live-streaming option.
- Our Nursery and Prayground are open. The nursery is open for those under the age of 3. Please bring your own toys for the Prayground.
- As long as there are members willing to host (set-up, prepare coffee and clean up), and as weather permits, an outdoor fellowship hour on the west patio will be available between the two worship services, beginning Sunday June 6th.
As you can see, we are trying to take steps toward a more normal environment. We will monitor and evolve our processes and policies as the situation warrants. Your feedback is encouraged. An umbrella of grace is appreciated. More importantly, your participation and help is essential. Each Sunday morning, we will need volunteers for both services and fellowship hour. Without enough required assistance we may cancel the activity.
You can register to help online at this link: Signup Genius: https://tinyurl.com/AmesFUMCinperson
Or, you may contact the office: firstname.lastname@example.org 515-232-2750
We are thankful for the technology and those operating the technology that has kept us connected the last 15 months. We will continue to utilize this technology for those not ready to join us in person or those who just find it more convenient, but we are looking forward to seeing more of you in person in the coming weeks.
Sharon Boen – Ad Council Co-Chair
Kevin Hinders – Ad Council Co-Chair
Also check out this FAQ for more information!