Dear First United Methodist Church Family,
We will once again be offering in-person worship for our 11am service, beginning this Sunday, February 7! The Rapid Response Team has put together a set of processes for in-person worship that minimizes the risk of spreading COVID.
For those who are planning to join us for in-person worship, please note:
- If you are not feeling well or have a fever, please stay home.
- If you are in a high-risk COVID group, we recommend you worship with us on-line.
- The “Prayground” is closed. No nursery will be available.
- There will be no bulletins or announcements handed out. Please download and print the bulletin at home if you want one for worship.
- Masks will be required at all times, and are to be worn while you are in the building.
- Families and friends may sit together only if they enter together.
- Please send any joys and concerns to be shared via email before worship. You may send them directly to Pastor Nikki at firstname.lastname@example.org. Joys & Concerns received via email by 10am Sunday morning or during the 8:30 livestream will be shared by a worship leader during the 11am worship.
When you arrive at the church:
- Access will only be through the South entrance. The door will be open by 10:30am. All other doors will be locked.
- Upon entering the building, please sanitize your hands. Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- A greeter will record your name and take your temperature with a non-contact forehead thermometer. Those whose temperatures are 100.4°F or above will not be allowed to enter.
- Please go directly to the sanctuary via the stairs or elevator. All other areas of the building are closed.
- The bathrooms upstairs in the new section (behind the elevator) will be open for use if needed. Please know that you use them at your own risk.
- An offering bucket or basket will be at the back of the sanctuary to receive offerings before and/or after the service.
- An usher will guide your group to your pew. Do not seat yourself. Please social distance while you are waiting to be seated.
- At the end of the service, ushers will release participants from back to front, with appropriate social distancing.
- Please clear the building immediately after the service is over. You are welcome to visit in the parking area, with appropriate social distancing. Please be sure to move away from the building to ensure that the exit door and the sidewalks remain clear.
Ames First UMC Rapid Response Team