Welcome to the ASP Participant Page! This is your “one-stop shop” for all things ASP. This year’s theme is “Radical Reversal”, taking our inspiration from Mark 10: 43-45, which says “But it shall not be so among you; but whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be slave of all. For the son of man also came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Let’s get radical! There’s some basic info on ASP further down on this page, and here are some quicklinks to useful information:
- Pictures of last year’s trip – get inspired!
- Link to our center’s Facebook page – get connected!
- List of forms and other items needed from each participant – get busy!
- List of participants this year – get to know each other!
- Video and notes from June 1st Picnic / Meeting – get to work!
- Link to sign up for work days – get on the list!
- Summary of current financial situation
- You’ve seen ’em before, but they’re back and better than ever – please read through the ASP Rules & Regulations!
- Like us on Facebook!
When and where Is ASP?
July 20 – July 28, and our center’s address is 201 Hornet Drive, Salyersville, KY 41465 (Magoffin County)
What Is ASP? From the ASP website: “Appalachia Service Project (ASP) provides one of the most rewarding structured service opportunities in the nation — bringing thousands of volunteers from around the country to rural Central Appalachia to repair homes for low-income families. But ASP is more than just a building program. Yes, Appalachia’s poorest families urgently need your help, but they can help change your life, too. Because when you change the lives of others, they have a way of changing you.”
Who Can Get Involved? Anyone who has finished 8th grade and is 14 years old by the time we go on the trip.
How Can I Get Involved? Contact Julie Primmer or Scott Walker at (515) 708-6955
Info from Headquarters Here is the first of many communications this summer, from ASP Headquarters.
Page Edited By Harrison Walker