Addendum to May 11 letter to First United Methodist Church congregation
In light of the May 13 announcement by the CDC regarding mask wearing, the Rapid Response Team met on May 19 to review our policies stated in the all church letter dated May 11, 2021.
- With the health and safety of our congregation in mind, masks will continue to be required as you move about the common space of our church building.
- Small group meetings – After you are in your meeting room, masks may be removed, if all attendees agree. Please continue to provide virtual options.
- Where masks are not required they are still encouraged out of concern for others.
- There are no longer any restrictions as to the number of people allowed in the sanctuary.
Worship: Beginning May 30 both Sunday services will be in-person and livestreamed.
Following is the protocol for each service. (Worship Committee will work on the Saturday evening option later.)
- 8:30 a.m. SundayWorship – This is for our High Risk attendees and those who wish to have a safer environment.
- Masks will continue to be required.
- Social Distancing will be observed
- No singing
- 11:00 a.m. Sunday Worship – This is a more relaxed protocol.
- If vaccinated, a mask may be removed after you are seated in the sanctuary. Please put your masks on when leaving the sanctuary.
- Social distancing is not required
- Congregational singing will be used in the service along with responsive readings.